Harford Bank has the following positions available at this time
Location: Aberdeen Office
This individual under the direction of the VP Operations will be responsible for:
- Serve as the primary contact for the bank’s IRA program
- Responsible for researching and resolving customer inquiries regarding card activities, disputes and monetary adjustments. Must have a thorough knowledge of Electronic Funds Transfer Act.
- Responsible for completing 1099 corrections including investigating errors, providing duplicate corrected 1099’s and correcting customer records.
- Responsible for completing IRS Levy and Garnishment and Subpoena requests.
- Serve as a backup for the daily Cash Management and wire transfer functions of the bank as they pertain to the Federal Reserve and other correspondent banks.
- Verifying and filing checks and preparing customer deposits and withdrawals, verifying and preparing customer statements.
- Perform various clerical duties, including filing and preparing department correspondence and reports, forms and statements.
- Answer telephone inquiries and resolve customer problems.
- Maintain a general knowledgeable of bank services and departments in order to direct inquiries from customers to the proper departments or individuals.
Qualifications: Education -
high school or equivalent, college business courses preferred.Experience -
five or more years in banking environment including experience with IRA Administration.Special Skills -
must have keyboard skills, ability to use a personal computer and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel applications. Experience with FIS Bankway Browser software preferred. Strong attention to detail and the ability to proof work.
Location: Aberdeen Office
This individual under the direction of the Senior VP / Chief Credit Officer will be responsible for:
- Utilizing software to spread financial statements, generate financial ratios, and prepare global cash flow analyses and stress tests.
- Assessing, analyzing and interpreting financial spreads, global cash flows, and personal financial information to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit.
- Preparing detailed narrative reports to effectively communicate the degree of risk involved in extending credit.
- Researching and evaluating borrower’s industry, analyze industry trends, and compare borrower to appropriate peers.
- Utilizing information from internal and external sources to support recommendations on credit risk rating, collateral quality and adequacy, credit structure, and policy compliance.
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheet records of new commercial loan or renewal requests, commercial line of credit renewals, and commercial real estate modifications.
- Performing formal annual risk rating reviews on loans exceeding the indicated minimum threshold.
- Occasionally accompany commercial business development officers on client calls; consult with accountants and clients as needed.
- Assisting with external loan review and bank examiners by pulling files and assembling requested information.
Education - Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience - Three to five years’ experience as Credit Analyst or equivalent experience.
Special Skills -
- Thorough understanding of the lending and credit process, accounting and cash flow principles, and financial statement analysis.
- Proficiency in the use and operation of various systems and software, including Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a team orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of analytical and organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
Part Time Teller
Hours: Every Other Saturday
Job Description: This individual under the direction of the Branch Manager provides a full range of banking services to the customers as well as duties assigned to the Teller position. Typical duties include: receiving and paying out monies; accepting bill payments; preparing settlement at the end of the work day; preparing change and currency orders. Performing this combination of duties requires that the individual use initiative, professionalism, and good judgment to maintain superior customer relations.
Qualifications: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required. Must possess a thorough knowledge of the teller function as evidenced by one year of teller experience with competency shown in all phases of teller work.
Applications may be obtained from the Human Resources Office of Harford Bank, 8 W Bel Air Ave., Aberdeen, MD 21001 or by calling 410-272-5000 between the hours of 9:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M. Monday thru Friday.
Equal Opportunity Employer